The Jumps are a 5 piece folk and pop band from London made up of female vocals, drums, guitar, bass/double bass and keyboard, as well as backing vocals. Their versatility, enthusiasm and fun nature are making them a huge hit with clients. They offer a unique twist on pop tunes with their own folk style using a line-up of double bass, keys, acoustic guitars, drums and female vocals and can also add brass.
Folk and Electric Styles
One of the great things about The Skip Jacks is that they offer two very different styles of music, which can add a little bit of variety and excitement to your event! Their folky or “Mumford and Sons” style, sees them switch up the standard electric instruments for their acoustic counterparts. In their folk sets they play songs by some of the worlds most popular folk bands, such as Mumford and Sons and the Lumineers, but also introduce some unexpected songs with a whole new style! Just take a look at their Cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake it Off’ and you’ll see what we mean! Go to the ‘Watch’ tab above to see their folk video.
Their set list is tried and tested and is sure to get your guests up and dancing! The Skip Jacks are ideal if you are having a festival wedding, or if you’re just looking for a band that can bring the fun!
Standard Wedding Band Service
The Skip Jacks offer more live music as standard than most bands out there, with 3 x 45 minute sets. These can be split into styles as you wish, so 1 set of folk and 2 sets electric or vice versa. However, if you want even more music than that just let us know as the band can usually accommodate at an additional fee.
Here is what the band will offer in a standard quote;
- 3 x 45 sets of live music between 8pm and midnight.
- Arrival at 5pm to set up and sound check by 7pm.
- Pre-set playlist between sets so you don’t need to hire a DJ. The band can also take some requests in advance for this.
- First dance learnt.
- Fully PAT certified equipment, PA and lighting.
- All travel costs.
- All necessary insurances to play at all UK wedding venues.
If you are also looking for extra entertainment for your ceremony, drinks reception, photo hour or wedding breakfast then just let us know and we can do you a bit of a deal. The bands vintage folk style set would be perfect for afternoon entertainment, but they can also provide an additional jazz set which works excellently as background music.
London Based Musicians
The band originally met while studying at the Academy Of Contemporary Music in Guildford. Since then they have moved to London and began working separately on various projects, including theatre productions such as ‘Singing’ in The Rain, playing festivals including Camp Bestival, performing on live radio, and touring Europe with original bands. Between them they have a wealth of experience which is clear to see when you watch them perform.
- Andy Williams – Can’t take my eyes off you
- Van Morrison – Brown eyed girl
- Queen – Crazy little thing called love
- Steelers Wheel – Stuck in the middle with you
- Jason Mraz – I’m Yours
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet home Alabama
- Paulo Nutini – Pencil full of lead
- White Stripes – Seven nation army
- Plan B – She Said
- Adele – Hello
- Taylor Swift – Shake it off
- Ed Sheeran – Perfect
- R Kelly – Remix to Ignition
- Avicii – Wake me up
- Rihanna – We found love
- Omi – Cheerleader
- Single Ladies /Rolling in the deep
- The Human League – Don’t you want me baby
- Britney Spears – Hit me baby & Oops I did it again
- Take That – Back for good
- The Lumineers – Ho Hey
- Fleetwood Mac – Everywhere
- Justin Timberlake – Say Something
- Outkast – Hey- Ya
- Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
- Mumford and sons – Little Lion Man
- The Monkees – I’m a Believer
- The Beatles – I saw her standing there
- The Beatles – Twist and Shout
- Chuck Berry – Johnny B Good
- Jerry Lee Lewis – Great Balls of fire
- Elvis – Hound Dog
- Bill Haley and his Comets – Rock around the clock
- The Clash – Should I stay or should I go
- Rolling stones – Brown Sugar
- The Kinks – You really got me
- T Rex – 20th Century Boy
- Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines
- Jess Glyne – Hold my hand
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of you
- Stevie Wonder – Signed sealed delivered
- Sam Smith – Stay With Me
- George Michael – Faith
- Amy Winehouse – Valerie
- FUNK MEDLEY – Play that funky music / Get Lucky / Good times/Rappers Delight / Uptown Funk / Fresh Prince of Bel Air
- Pharell – Happy
- Blur – Parklife
- Coolio – Gangsters Paradise
- HIP HOP MEDLEY – No Diggity / Here comes the hotstepper / Boom shake the
- room / This is how we do it / Boom Boom Boom
- Justin Timberlake – Senorita / Nelly – Hot in here
- Justin Beiber – Sorry
- Wheatus – Teenage Dirtbag
- Smash Mouth – All Star
- GARAGE MEDLEY – Re-Rewind / Do You Really Like It? / 21 Seconds /Gotta Get Thru This / Outa Space / No Limits
- 90s DANCE MELDEY – Rhythm is a Dancer / Mr Vain /Rhythm of The Night / Insomnia /Ride on Time
- Whitney Houston – I wanna dance with somebody
- Jet – Are you gonna be my girl
- Bryan Adams – Summer of 69
- Blink 182 – All the small things
- Kings of Leon – Sex on Fire
- Mumford and Sons – I Will Wait
- Proclaimers – 500 Miles
- Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
- The Killers – Mr Brightside
- Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreets back)
- Aha – Take on me
- Bon Jovi – Livin on a prayer
- Oasis – Champagne Supernova
- Rage Against The Machine – Killing in the Name
Background, Ceremony, Drinks Reception
- Ben E King – Stand by me
- Otis Redding – Sitting on the dock of the bay
- Marvin Gaye – Let’s get it on
- Bruce Springsteen – Dancing in the dark
- The Beatles – Eight days a week
- Bill Withers – Lovely Day
- Sam Cooke – Wonderful World
- Ray Charles – Hit the road Jack
- Ray Charles – I got a woman
- Stevie Wonder – Isn’t she lovely
- The Temptations – My Girl
- Nancy Sinatra – These boots are made for walking
plus others from the main set